The Esk Valley Alliance endeavours to develop successful succession planning strategies to identify and develop people to fill leadership positions in the future.
In order to meet this responsibility, we will endeavour to:
- Develop future headteachers to help meet the most pressing national needs in primary, small rural, special, challenging urban/coastal and faith schools
- Put processes in place to identify potential leaders in areas of need.
- Develop potential leaders within and across our schools.
- Build strategic governance and partnerships in order to make decisions about developing and placing potential leaders.
The Esk Valley Alliance is committed to ensuring that we can provide our Leaders and aspiring leaders with a full range of CPD options. These include accredited courses delivered in collaboration with Carnegie Leaders in Learning, and our own leadership programmes that have been developed by outstanding leaders in conjunction with the Local Authority.
Our Leadership projects aim to:
- To develop leaders at all levels.
- Share skills and knowledge across schools at both local and regional levels.
- Identify and grow talents.
- Link with other organisations to deliver leadership programmes.
National Professional Qualification for Middle Leaders (NPQML)
This level one qualification is applicable to key stage/subject/curriculum leaders, heads of department and pastoral leaders.
National Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders (NPQSL)
A level two qualification which is aimed at senior staff with cross-school responsibilities looking for leadership developments but not aspiring to headship at this stage in their career.
National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
The NPQH is the first choice qualification for anyone aspiring to be a head teacher or principal.
This programme has been developed by outstanding practitioners in collaboration with the local authority -and covers all aspects of leadership, the course takes place over 6 half days throughout the year. for more information contact Sharon Markham, Business Manager
Work with Headteachers and Specialist Leaders in Education to develop a bespoke challenge review according to the needs of your school.
Chair of Governers' Leadership Development Programme
This course will provide the opportunity to develop leadership skills in a school based setting required to become or accredit the role of the Chair of Governors.
Clerks Development Programme
The Clerks Development Programme is a nationally recognised programme designed to develop your professional knowledge, understanding, skills and competence in clerking. This programme will improve your current practice and enable you to contribute effectively to the governance of your organisation.
We can also offer a range of bespoke training opportunities specifically designed to meet the needs of individual schools, for more information please contact;