ITT - Application Process
Please apply using the standard UCAS procedure. www.ucas.com
What do we look for at interview?
Selection is based on evidence given throughout the application process: personal statement, references, detailed breakdown of degree content, details of other academic, professional or vocational qualifications, and overall performance at interview.
During the interview we look for candidates who show:
- Knowledge of the modern primary school
- Evidence of an interest in educational issues
- Evidence of confidence, flexibility and a sense of humour
- Quality of voice and the ability to express ideas clearly
- Skills in sports or PE, the creative arts (especially music) and IT
- Other relevant qualifications such as NNEB or TEFL
Suitability for teaching
During the selection process candidates will be assessed on their suitability for teaching. This is likely to take the form of both a group activity and an individual interview, during which candidates will be expected to demonstrate a good understanding of the role of the teacher. Candidates will also be required to take tests relating to basic literacy, science, IT and numeracy knowledge.
At the interview stage your personal qualities as well as your academic qualifications will be considered in helping us identify and meet your training needs.