Welcome to the Esk Valley Alliance (EVA)
The Esk Valley Alliance (EVA) is a long-standing alliance of eight schools. It emerged from recognition that schools could be stronger, more sustainable and provide better outcomes and opportunities for everyone if they improved their work together. It is modelled on the six key focus areas of a Teaching School Alliance and was designated as a teaching School Alliance in March 2014.
The Alliance attributes its success to the excellent relationships between headteachers that is based on trust and mutual respect.
The Alliance partnerships are across two local authorities with close partnerships in Redcar and Cleveland, Whitby, Ryedale and Scarborough. Our partners include secondary, special, small and large primary schools, as well as community partners such as PD Ports in Middlesbrough, Darlington Building Society, and Coast and Country Homes in Redcar.
The Esk Valley Alliance works together to …
Maximise the learning potential for every child.
Support, challenge and encourage effectively to develop resilient and sustainable networks, partnerships, communities and collaborations.
Create opportunities for staff to grow and shine through high quality professional development and innovation.
To transform independence into interdependence.
Nurture the flourishing of every child and teacher.
- Raise attainment and progress for all pupils.
- Create a culture and climate of mutual respect between all schools.
- Develop leadership capacity through a process of coaching, support and challenge.
- To raise the quality of teaching and Learning through mentoring and coaching provision.
- To implement a creative curriculum which motivates and inspires pupils to achieve their very best.
- To ensure the safety of all pupils through effective systems and policies.
- To target school improvement so that a strategic approach delivers focused action.
- To have an excellent data analysis and data management system which provides accurate and up to date information about the learners within the school and how this compares to others.
- For all pupils to receive an equal entitlement to the very best provision and very best opportunities that education can provide.
- To build collaborative partnerships which challenge and support within a school led system.